Welcome to Caltech APIDA+!
We are a Caltech organization for students and postdocs with opportunities for participation by Caltech staff, faculty, and alumni, and JPL staff, who self-identify as Asian/Asian American, Pacific Islander, and Desi American (APIDA), and/or are interested in APIDA issues.
Our goals are to:
- Educate the Caltech community about historical and contemporary APIDA issues
- Provide an affinity space for APIDAs as part of the identity formation process
- Spotlight the intersection of APIDA identity with other identities (i.e. gender & sexuality, disability, religion, multi-racial APIDA identity, immigration status, etc.)
- Facilitate mutual allyship between APIDAs and non-APIDAs
- Connect Caltech APIDAs with the broader Los Angeles and national APIDA community